Nestled within the diverse 72-acre landscape of historic Harvey S. Firestone Recreation Park, the Firestone Stadium was constructed in 1916. It has seating capacity of 4715. The project will be done in phases. The first phase will be the removal and replacement of the home stands. Columbiana Craft Beerfest will help raise funds toward the first phase of this project. The field will be named after Dick “Sonny” Fisher, Fisher Field at Firestone Stadium, the Columbiana native and the reason we are the Columbiana Clippers.
“The sports announcer radio announcer from Cleveland (Tom Manning) who did the Ohio State games, when Dick would make a good run, he would say, ‘There goes the Columbiana Clipper.’ So from there it got picked up,” said Rich Berryman, a 1947 Columbiana graduate. “We didn’t have a nickname until then that I know of.”’
- $200,000 campaign goal
- Removal of the current cement stands
- Replacing with new aluminum bleachers with the same look and feel as the current stands.
- Aesthetic look and feel of stands and surroundings.
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Stadium named after entrepreneur and Columbiana-native Harvey S. Firestone
- Field named after Football Legend Dick “Sonny” Fisher Columbiana native.
ARE YOU FROM A BREWERY?
HAVE A FOOD
FEED THE PEOPLE
HAVE ITEMS YOU WANT TO SELL?
BRING YOUR STUFF